6.03.2009

Honoring my body's request

Becoming a vegetarian this time around was a request my body had been making for a few months now. My body had been slowing reaching a point of complete intolerance to meat of any kind. Since January I had heard the small voice inside request more vegetables, fresh foods verses fried, and items to eat that were not processed or cooked with tons of sodium. I would ache, feel tired and sluggish, even down right sick when denying these requests. I eventually reached a point where food just didn't even seem enjoyable anymore. I love food so this change was saddening and an obvious sign that something needed to happen. When I would silence the outside world I would hear the voice cry for what it really needed and the healthy change would make all the difference.





I didn't take this request lightly. I knew that it would not only affect my life but my household as well. My loving husband is a proud meat eater. I knew he would no doubt support me I also knew he would still enjoy eating the flesh of animals daily without thinking twice. With this in mind I had to research how to balance feeding myself and my family meals daily without becoming a short order cook. I found support in books, my husband, and from Divine guidance all of which showed how easy this transition would be if I took the time to be prepared.



Two weeks into this change I do feel better. I find myself getting fuller sooner. I also find that my body is now cleansing itself of toxins and impurities. I believe this has partially to do with my food switch and also in part to the other changes I've made in my life. The process is a growing experience in preparation, understanding, and honoring the Divine Temple I live in- my body.



Walking has also become a large factor to how I'm feeling. This grounding exercise I usually do with my little girls. They enjoy the outside as much as I do. Moving my body and pushing myself beyond my perceived limits has brought a new sense of strength. It brings a calm and centering when all the transitional energies become to much to hold inside. Walking brings this peace inside that fills me full and empties me with every step. I am grateful for the health I have and the ability to release in such a healthy way as often as my days allow.



The other changes I'm making to my facial, hair and body products as well as home cleaning products are small but are starting to make a huge impact on my well being. I feel lighter and more responsible for what I'm putting on (and eventually through absorption) in my body. The research that was required to make this change made me feel more informed and aware of how mindless some decisions are made based on what mass media suggests. I am grateful for this awareness. I am my own mind and choose to make choices that are healthy for me and this beautiful blue planet we call Mother Earth.



From within I hear the birth of a new Leah being born. My values, ideals, and vibrations are all shifting to a more balanced centered awareness. I honor this shift and bow my head as I am blessed.



Namaste,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment